while the chicks were still tiny and needing a heat lamp i set them up in a plastic bin i got from target. we kept them inside for the first couple of weeks and then i moved them into the coop i bought. now, since i was completely inexperienced i didn’t think about the fact that those tiny things were going to have to grow significantly before i could tell which ones were roosters! i INTENDED to only keep 6 or so. the guy that built the coop assured me 6 would be fine in this coop. well, as they grew i realized a) we were gonna need a bigger coop, and b) this coop was not going to hold up anyway. i had a major dilemma. i needed a much bigger coop and i had ZERO building skills. my experience with a drill was hanging a few curtain rods.
the first few weeks